Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Comedy of Errors

I got up, picked up Kari, and then it all began. We got to the Y and I dropped my keys but didn't know it. I then went to the bathroom and had a very large ... what word should I use here .... turd? piece of crap? portion of a bowel movement? stuck half way in and half way out. Now I don't usually talk about poop, even though many famous bloggers spend hours of time talking about it, but this was an unusual situation. What to do what to do? Fifteen minutes later I had not made any progress and Kari was thinking about coming back in to check on me. Not being able to lodge it, I finally decided to go about my routine and did so, with surprisingly minimal discomfort.

In the shower I dropped my soap, my pants fell into the water, and afterwards we discovered I had no keys. Since we have only one key to the van and Bart is out of town, thus leaving my office locked, it wasn't looking to be a good day. Kari OFFERED to go in and try to find them, and finally checked at the desk where they were, but I'm sure the guy back there was thinking (as Kari tried to determine if they were my keys or not) "why doesn't she get her fat butt in here and look for her own keys."

While I doing an inappropriate post anyway, you'd be pleased to know that Dominyk was obsessing about his "ball sack" last night and would not stop talking about all the aspects of it. In addition, he wanted to sleep with his new toy gun. Since I was letting him sleep with me, you can imagine how our our pillow talk went. "Mom, my ball sack itches, and it's hanging weird. It really itches. Like a lot. Ooooh mom, it itches, my ball sack really itches." "Dominyk, go put the gun in your room. I am NOT sleeping with a gun."

Sigh.

6 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Kari said...

I kept thinking, "You didn't. You wouldn't. You couldn't."

Then I clicked the link.

You did.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Jill Miller said...

I'm so glad that another mom has to talk about their boys ball sacks and more than likely more than that if you read my facebook comment last week. I was feeling so alone thinking I was the only mom that had to listen and answer questions about their crotch. I guess we have to feel lucky that they feel safe with us to talk with us about this stuff.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger FosterAbba said...

Yeah, she did. She really did.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Corey said...

Note to self: Do not click on Claudia's links. Unless they go to Bart's blog.

 
At 4:57 PM, OpenID tubaville said...

Best. Post. Ever.

I am so glad I clicked over. LOL! I cringed all the way through the poop explanation wanting to throw up. But totally relating at the same time cause we've all been there. Tho I haven't because I have never pooped in my entire life.

But seriously...Do you ever get blog trolls? What do you do about them? Anyone else have them? I got me some seriously nasty stalkers (I never publish their stupid comments tho).

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

I haven't gotten a troll. Some of the comments I have gotten have challenged me and been borderline hurtful, but they are by fairly well intentioned people and I publish them.

Sorry you are getting that. SO underserved and stupid.

As a wise man once said, "You gotta learn to ignore the mental midgets .... and the world is full of them"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home