Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Anticipatory Grief

You know what I’m realizing? That when all else fails, and everyone else lets you down, there is always food. I can go to McDonalds and get a bacon egg and cheese biscuit and it will taste just like it did in 1977 when it was introduced. It doesn’t change much -- I mean there are nuances -- sometimes the biscuit is too hard if it’s been sitting out for an hour, or it can be cold, but the basic flavors are consistent year after year.

So, when I look ahead at a life that doesn’t include these things, I grieve my loss. It makes me sad and it makes me crabby. And it almost makes me scream “STOP! NO! Don’t DO THIS TO ME!” But I’m trying not to think about it....

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger processor said...

you might be interested in reading my post today www.mullberries.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home