Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

I feel like I broke up with a boyfriend, a serious one. Named Food.

Everywhere I go there are reminders of him. Signs, posters, commercials. Today we drove dry a bunch of my favorite eating places after therapy. I thought about what I would order if I went in there right now. I thought about how good it all tasted. I thought about how much I would enjoy a big meal.

But, just like it is when you’re broken up, you often remind yourself that it wasn’t all peachy keen. I reminded myself that I have more energy now. I remind myself that I’m more alert. That I can exercise now and that my blood sugars are within normal range.

Guess I had a dysfunctional relationship, so breaking up was the best choice, but it ain’t easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home