Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm such a weight loss surgery failure. At least that's what I feel like lately.

I think the biggest fear of most people who are contemplating weight loss surgery is that they will not lose what they are supposed to and then be placed into a category of the most pathetic losers there are -- those who have had their stomach’s surgically shrunk and still can’t lose weight.

If I had known all the stress that would come into our lives this year, with our move and all, that you can read more than you’ll ever want to know about on my main blog, I would never have had the surgery when I did.

It’s been 8 months and I’ve only lost 44 pounds. I have found ways to cheat the surgery and I’ve been at a plateau almost all summer.

But who knows, maybe once the kids are back into school, and there is a routine, I’ll change my mind and be back on track.

Even the thought of getting back to blogging here is a motivator.

5 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caudia,
Please don't be so hard on yourself. Look at the glass that's half full instead of half empty. You have lost 44 pounds of butter, or in other words, you are not carrying around the equivalent of a bag of water softener salt! You have increased your health tremendously already. I think your story is very typical and I'm pleased that you are blogging about it. Even with surgery, it's VERY hard work to loose weight. You have to give up about 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week or walk an extra mile a day for a month to lose a pound! Your story is not over. Like everything else in life, we press on to pursue our goals. Press on!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am an adoptive mom and I am going to be getting the lapband sometime this Fall. I have been looking at your blog for inspiration. I am glad you are on the path back to motivation. I know you can do it, and I look forward to following your journey.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claudia 44 pounds is a lot of weight!!! go in the store and pick up 44 pounds of cheese in those 8oz packets and you will realize how much you have acomplished!!!!
I really enjoyed meeting you at the adoptive momys get together!!
You are fun to be around, don't be hard on yourself!!!!
I am with you in your quest to lose weight, SO KEEP on TRYING!!!
Beth in Northern MN

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose you're proof that "just say no" is bunk. People experience the world differently, in the force of our attractions to art, people, and, yes, food. What worked for you in the past may not work now. You do the best you can today and then again tomorrow. While I wish you success, the pleasure of slenderness is only one of life's pleasures; I hope feel joy, inany form.

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even here?
hydrocodone online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home