Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Some of the Differences

Yesterday we went to the Como Zoo, a wonderful little zoo that actually has free admission. I walked for over an hour at the zoo only having to sit down a couple of time.

Over the past 14 years, I have been unable to walk for more than 10 minutes without sitting down. This has made it very difficult for me to enjoy family outings that involve walking. I had begun to believe that I simply did not enjoy doing family stuff, but it was my body telling me that I was in pain, not me not enjoying kids.

We had some good times at the zoo. We also had some not so good times, but for the most part it was a fun time.

i have also noticed that I do not have to go to the bathroom as often as I used to now that my blood sugar numbers are under control. Even with drinking more water, I am now going only once every 2-3 hours instead of every hour. It was really a hassle going places and doing things when I was always in the bathroom. Now a couple hours will go by without me even thinking about it.

And I’ve also noticed that a lot of the food isn’t really alluring any more. I used to “eat my way through” fairs, amusement parks, zoos, museums, school carnivals.... those of you who have a food addiction know exactly what i’m talking about. But last night I had a grilled chicken sandwich at the zoo with a bottle of water. And I felt good. I guess walking with my arteries continuously becoming reclogged was less than comfortable.

So thanks to those who have encouraged me on this journey. Documenting all the benefits is keeping me on track...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home