Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Morning of Surgery

In 1/2 hour I will leave for the hospital. Everything that I did not get done will remain undone and sitting here for me when I recover.

Last night I felt horrible. I had an awful headache and my stomach was growling and hurt a lot. I drank quite a bit before I went to bed, but after midnight I can’t have anything, so this morning, of course, i woke up thirsty. Any other morning and I probably wouldn’t bother to have anything to drink until 8:30 or 9 without thinking about it, but 6:30 this morning I thought I was thirsty. I think it is just a psychological thing.

I feel OK this morning. .. dull background headache and of course, I’m hungry because I’m thinking about it, but otherwise, I’m doing OK.

I made the mistake last night of reading blogs of people who have had the lap-band and either they are wimps or the first couple weeks are pretty hard. Hopefully it’s the former.

For all of you who have sent emails offering thoughts and prayers, thank you. Pray mostly for Bart ... he’ll need it more than anyone. I’m going to try to get him to post on my main blog for me this afternoon so you won’t feel out of the loop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home