Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Trying to Pee

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me when I was in the hospital for my other surgery. I would have to pee, but I couldn’t get relaxed enough to do so.

I had to take the IV stand into the bathroom with me, plus my “urinary output” had to be measured, so there was a measuring device on the toilet. I was nervous anyway, and since my bladder does not work well when nervous, I was already stressing. Then the IV machine makes a clicking noise, every 11 seconds to be exact. So, I would concentrate, trying to get out the pee, but whenever it made the sound, it was like the pee just crawled back up inside my body. It took me forever to get it out.

However, by the 5:30 a.m. trip to the bathroom, I was very congested and I found the trip. Good old incontinent me. I happened to cough, trying to get oodles of flem out, and whooooooosh, out comes the pee, flowing freely and uncontrollably into the measuring device.

From then on, I made myself cough and wa-lah, plentiful pee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home