Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Exercise Challenge

According to Lap Band Post Surgery Guidelines, I am supposed to exercise 40 minutes three times a week. So, finding this the most difficult of all to do (making myself exercise is even harder for me than making myself not eat something) I am going to make that my first challenge today.

We can break up the 40 minutes however we want to do it. You can do 40 minutes straight, four ten minute episodes, 2 twenty minutes, whatever is easiest.

When it is done you can have the joy of posting a comment hear saying you got it done today. I plan to go to the YMCA later today and play raquetball for a full hour if my back holds out, or for a half hour and then ride the exercise bike.

So, get out there and do it... and post it here.

8 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

I did it. I played racquetball for 40 minutes.

I won too.

But my back hurts. And I sweat. And I try not to ever sweat.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Ok, I sort of did it. I walked 20 minutes at the park while my kids played and then walked the dog for 15 minutes. I didn't think it wise to go from zero activity to more than this intially without paramedics standing by....

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't really do it. Does parking in the farthest spot away from Wal-Mart and walking across the parking lot count?

Despite my exercise phobia, I still feel good about my weigh-in coming up tomorrow. I'll let you know how I do!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Luann DeGroot said...

If the remote parking spot at Wal-mart counts (and I think it should :-) then I think I can count all the phone equipment I packed in boxes for work. OK, not aerobic enough, but lots of weight lifting.

I will hit the dusty treadmill tomorrow, I promise.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got forty minutes of exercise. And I think parking far away at Wal Mart definitely counts...as does chasing a toddler around the house....oh, and I ate toast for breakfast this morning - with no jelly. Woo Hoo!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, everyone!

As I promised, here is my Weight Watchers update:

I lost 2.2 lbs.!

(It almost makes being hungry bearable.)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Congrats on your loss Harry- I weight in Friday for the first time. I'm hoping for something along those lines.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did hit the treadmill today, for 45 minutes, while I read the Captain Underpants books my niece and nephew gave me for Christmas (long story).

I'll have to find the scale - I haven't seen it since I moved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home