Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Days Like Today I Want to Give Up

No sleep last night so I made it to the YMCA late and had to cut my workout short. And somehow I gained back the three pounds I lost last week.

It may be water retention because I consumed a lot of sodium the past few days, but I am still every unhappy about this setback.

I know myself well enough and these are the times when things are stressful and I'm not losing that I traditionally have given up. I'm really tempted too today.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's a small encouragement, but just think about how much more FIT you are now than you used to be...go back to that 40-minute post where you walked and sweated and didn't have to sit down even one time! There are days that I get down about how much I still weigh, even after 40 pounds of loss, but then I remind myself that I am much more FIT than I am thin, and although I still don't like how I look, I like how I feel a lot better.

Also, as your body builds muscle from all that good exercise, your weight might yo-yo a bit because muscle is heavy. I wouldn't be a bit shocked if those three pounds are gone again by next week!

By the way, just a side note...you probably already know this, but lack of sleep seriously interferes with weight loss in a big way. Studies have shown that women, in particular, who get 6 or less hours of sleep per night have rapid rise in blood sugars, blood pressure and generally, their weight loss stalls or reverses. And that's not a long-term lack of sleep...that's after just a few nights of poor sleep, if I remember correctly. I think it's the body's self-defense mechanism.

Don't give up! You're still doing great, no matter what the scales say.

--Min

 

Post a Comment

<< Home