Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back at it With Sadie this morning

Did 10 minutes on the bike. Then headed to the treadmill for 20, 13 of those at 3.5 with a 3.5 incline. Then I tried one minute at 4.0 mph at a 3.5 incline. oh my goodness! that is fast. It seems impossible that I could maintain that speed ever, which is why I want to document here that it seems impossible. Because someday it might not be. And then I can look back and remember...

Two things crossed my mind this morning when I was doing those 14 hard minutes. The first was that I couldn't possibly do it... BUT then I told myself, "Hey, when you are doing doing this you can look back and say, "hey, I just did something I didn't think I could do." And so I did finish just so I could look back and say that.

The second thing that I thought about was how I really only had to do 2 minutes that were impossible, because yesterday I had done 12. So I had already proven I could do the twelve, and what was 2 more?

Mind games, yes, but mind games that breed success instead of mind games that breed failure -- which are the ones I have been playing for years.

One day at a time with everything....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home