Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Health Mission Statement and Goals

I wrote this mission statement on the airplane yesterday.

“To daily work towards a pain-free, disease free, thin, and active lifestyle in order to be around for my husband, children, future grandchildren, and friends for as long as possible.”

I also came up with five daily goals:

1) Consume no more than 2,000 calories a day, shooting for 1500

2) Exercise at least 40 minutes a day, 7 days a week.

3) To keep blood sugar within the acceptable range each day

4) Avoid snacking, fast food, and high fat and/or sugar items.

5) Drink 64 ounces of water per day.

I then took time to break down things to set 3 month goals, with a goal of losing 25 pounds every three months and increasing my exercise by five minutes a day for each quarter.

I then wrote specific exercise goals for each day starting on Monday, June ninth and going for two weeks. I’m going to post those each day.

I think that writing these things down will motivate me and help me to keep going. And, blogging them adds additional accountability.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home