Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Friday, May 30, 2008

Lowest Blood Sugar Since I Started Checking Regularly in February

88 this morning after I went to the YMCA. I am very pleased with these numbers because it means I do not have to take medication. I am controlling my diabetes with diet and exercise. A very important thing -- because if I can do this, then that means that I do not having to start taking oral medication. And if I can avoid that, I’ll never end up needing insulin.

My workout at the Y was better than some, but I’m just not able to find what it takes to push myself like I was a few weeks ago. I started out with 10 minutes on the exercise bike. Then I headed to the treadmill, increasing speed and incline by the minute, peaking at 3.5 mph and a 3% incline. But then I stopped after 15 minutes and finished off my 40 minutes on the bike again. At least it is a bike that has arm movements as well.

I think I am going to have to start counting calories to figure out what else I can cut out or do to lose weight. I am still mad about last week’s gain. Very mad. :-)

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just wonderful news!

I'm in a plateau period, too, with the loss. I hate calorie counting. I tend to just drink a lot more water, but I don't know how I can go much above the 12-14 large glasses I'm already drinking a day. I added hand weights during my cardio workouts, but then I pulled something in my rotator cuff--OUCH! So I might just have to add a workout or something. I tend to cycle each month, though, with the change in hormones...I always always lose a couple of pounds during Aunt Flo's visit (sorry if TMI), but during the week or two before, I just maintain.

You're still doing great...40 minutes is 40 minutes, and that's still a big deal! Way to go!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Tracy and Donovan Jackman said...

How about another band fill? Calorie counting is no fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home