Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, June 09, 2008

Hip Hip Horray

I wasn’t expecting much weight loss this week as I was unable to make it to the Y and so my only exercise was walking.

if you’ve been following this blog for very long, you know that two weeks ago I gained back three of the pounds I had lost. I guess I hit a plataeu, and I was not happy about that. In fact, the next weekend I only lost one of the pounds I had gained back, so i was feeling fairly discouraged.

However, I did not give up. Oh boy, did I want to. This is the spot where I always do. In fact, I cannot remembering being lower than the weight I was at last week since before I was married, though i had reached that weight once during my sporadic weight loss attempts, only to gain it back. Obviously I had gotten stuck at this weight before and given up.

So this morning when I got on the scales and realized I had lost FIVE pounds in one week, i was shocked, thrilled, pleased, estatic, motivated, happy, pleased, proud ... ok, lots of positive adjectives.

I am now lower than I can remember being in at least 13 years. It means that I have lost 29 pounds in 13 weels. That means I’ve lost 39 pounds since September, and 49 pounds since my weight loss surgery two years ago.

I told myself weeks ago, that if I lost over 28 pounds (taking me to the lowest weight I could remember) that I would make some graphs and post them here. So stay tuned.

Also, I set an exercise goal for myself for today and reached it. I set the goal to be on the treadmill for a solid 10 minutes (not including warm up or cool down) of 3.5 mph with a 3% incline. And I did it. It is my intention to increase that by two minutes a day over the next few weeks.

Later I will post some graphs. And again, thanks to all of you who have been encouraging me!

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Way to go! And even with being on vacation, right? You go, girl!

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia:
I can't comment on your other blog because it won't allow anonymous comments, so I will leave it here. On your new blogspot, it describes Bart as an articulate speaker, but it doesn't quite say that! Also, congrats on your weight loss. You are very determined this time, and I think you will go far!
God Bless, Suzanne

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hey Claudia--Did you say FIVE pounds?!? Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for not giving up a few weeks ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home