Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Good News and the Bad News

The Good News is that 14 people have already joined the Third Degree Parenting Losers weight loss group that I set up yesterday. I am excited that we will have some support going on and I believe we are off to a great start. Eleven of those members have introduced themselves already.

Here is what I wrote in the introduction to the group:

Parenting kids with special needs is a different kind of parenting. Kids with medical, behavioral or emotional issues, whether they are adopted, foster children, or children by birth, require a lot from us. We often forget to take care of ourselves.

3ºP (Third Degree Parenting) Losers is for people parenting these children who are attempting to lose weight or just get healthy. Join us as we encourage each other to "put our own oxygen mask first."


You can join the group by clicking here.

Other good news is that I avoided eating out and desserts (except two small bites of Bart's dessert at church last night) and pretty much ate what I was supposed to. I also walked with Bart last night.

But this morning I woke up with a horrible headache so I put off my morning workout. Now I'm going to have to fit it in sometime today and that doesn't always go well. So that's the bad news.

One day at a time, some of them pathetic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home