Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, July 19, 2010

Beginning Week Four with Five Intervals

Do you know that interval workouts are the best at burning calories? Basically the principle is that you go real hard for a short time, and then let your heart rate get lower, and then push it back up again. A couple years ago when I was doing so well with weight loss I was doing intervals and they really do work. Plus it gives me something to do as I increase and decrease speed manually at various minute markers.

Today I did a 20 minute interval workout, with 5 separate intervals, the highest being at 3.5 This was the best workout so far this round of weight loss, which I really am determined be my last. I don't plan on seeing the number I saw on the scale today again.

And I'm down 3 more pounds this week, for a total of 15 in 3 weeks, which pleases me. I know I'm going to have to work harder this week if I want to see the loss continue as I didn't try that hard this week with food choices, etc.

BUt this is the kind of progress to make. Slow, steady, increasing endurance and exercise daily, slowly working on food intake, drinking lots of water.... one step at a time.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Keep going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home