Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Don't Even Feel like I Had Surgery

All people contemplating this surgery need to know that it is actually, as far as the surgical part goes, a piece of cake. I was discharged a week ago last night and I don’t even feel like I had surgery. Sure, it’s hard to get used to only drinking, but other than the scars from the staples and incisions, I don’t even feel like I was cut open last week.

Every blood sugar I have taken since the surgery has been within normal range for normal people, not just for diabetics. THAT makes it worth while.

However, I do have a very hard time sitting down to meals with the family when they are eating all kinds of stuff I can’t have. Tonight Bart is making spaghetti and it smells so good. I’m going to have to sit there and watch them eat it while I have cream of something in the blender soup and some milk. And I’m NOT going to like it.


1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

Keep up the good work, Claudia! I had a bowl of chicken broth today for a "snack" because it has zero points on weight watchers. I'm not sure it was worth it. But I thought of you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home