Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Nauseous and Motivated Bowels

Since there are instructions that a person having this surgery should not vomit NO MATTER what, I was very disturbed when I started to feel nauseous. It hit me all of the sudden and I didn’t know for sure what to do. I pushed the call button (good thing I never had a real emergency as response time wasn’t the greatest) and got the nursing assistance who got the nurse. I said I had really felt like I was going to puke earlier, but that the feeling had subsided. She agreed to give me some anti-nausea drugs as well as a drug that was supposed to motivate my bowels. I got three doses of that stuff before it worked and each time I was told that it was “to move my bowels”. I notified them that my bowels, like many of my children, might actually be un-motivatable.“

Later I realized why I had almost puked. I was watching the Bachelor: Paris. No wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home