Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Habit

I hardly think about it any more. I am getting more and more exercise without even planning it.

Friday night I was telling Bart about the Wii Fit and he came down and watched me demonstrate a few of the games. That took me to an hour on the Wii Fit for Friday and we finished the night with a walk around the neighborhood.

Yesterday morning I did the Wii for another half hour and then mid-day Bart announced that we were getting out of the house. The kids were blowing off their chores and responsibilities and watching a forbidden TV channel, so we piled them all into the van and headed for the Red Jacket Trail. We walked for 45 minutes and by the time we were done and came home the kids were in a much better state of mind.

There was a huge stairway -- I only had to stop and rest a couple times. Six months ago I wouldn't have attempted the thing.

So it's becoming a habit. I haven't been watching what I eat enough this week, so I might not lose, but I've been consistently getting 45 minutes to 2 hours of exercise every day in August. And that's amazing considering how sedentary I used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home