Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, August 04, 2008

Sticking with It Pays Off


Wow, you can't have a better start to the day than losing 8 pounds. Now, I know it is mostly water weight. And I'm OK with that. Good grief, I don't care what kind of weight it is.

I now weigh less than I have in the past 13 years, one pound down from where I was at my lowest a month ago before I hit this slump. I am so motivated now. I can't believe that I gained or stayed the same for a full month -- how annoying is that -- but I'm so glad that I stuck with it.

I also had a 45 minute workout five minutes longer than usually -- 34 minutes on the treadmill, intervals at 4.3 mph with recovery at 3.0, incline of 3%, putting 4500 steps on the pedometer. I warmed up and recovered for 11 minutes on the bike.

Very empowering morning for me. Now I just have to keep going....

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Torina said...

Woo hoo! That is great, Claudia! 13 years! That is a HUGE accomplishment.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

Claudia! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and so glad you got a big payback for all your hard work and perseverance (in spite of the apparent lack of progress these past few weeks).
Cheers from BC,
Cathi

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

That is so dadgum awesome, be proud of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home