Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Feeling Just a Tiny Bit Better

This morning's workout was better than yesterdays by a little bit. I didn't feel quite as drained. however, I think people must wonder how in the world I could work out when I can't even drag my butt up the stairs without breathing heavily when I'm done. I keep telling myself to take it slow, one day at a time, and if today is a bit better than yesterday so be it.

My eating is back under control and I'm not having pop (or soda, for those of you who don't know what pop is). I've had water now... one vitamin water treat yesterday -- and one caffeine free iced tea. Otherwise I"m just trying to get down 64 oz of water a day. I don't mind water. According to Dominyk, it tastes horrible, but I actually think water tastes fine. ;-)

Each day I am adding one minute on the treadmill and increasing my speed by .1 mph. I know that sounds nuts, but since my surgery many things about my body just aren't the way they need to be. So I'm doing it... one step at a time, one day at a time.

My blood sugar numbers are higher than they should be, but I'm hoping that once I get into a routine of eating write they, too, will gradually get lower.

I JUST HATE THE WORD GRADUALLY!

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger ~Dinah said...

instant gratification is much easier to think about righ now. gradually means more in the long run. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home