Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, April 15, 2010

It Works

Yesterday was the best day emotionally that I have had in a while. As I mentioned yesterday the formula that works for me to keep sane is exercising, showering, and blogging before the kids get up. That means I have to be at the Y by around 5 a.m.

I did that yesterday and had more energy and was less tired all day than I've been in weeks. And the funny thing is, I barely had what you would call a workout. If you look back two years to July of 2008 this was the kind of workout I was having. Today I barely drug myself through 11 minutes on the treadmill at a HIGH of 2.5 mph, had back pain, couldn't breath well, etc. I finished the 40 minutes on the bike.

But it helps me to remember that after two months of going to the Y, I had only achieved being on the treadmill for 28 minutes and had not necessarily been going that fast.

If anyone would like to join me, this is your fitness challenge from now until Monday. Move today and then move tomorrow more than you did today. I am intending to add one minute to my treadmill time each day. It's not much, but that is what I"m going to do. If you are in REALLY bad shape, like I was a couple years ago, start by taking an extra trip up and down the stairs, or walking out to get the mail. Then add something each day until Monday.

THe key for me is setting a very small reachable goal and then attaining it. So choose something you can do and get 'er done. Don't start out TOO energetic to where you don't have time or energy to add to it, but do something today and then do a tiny bit more tomorrow.

Monday I"ll post a challenge for the next week. At least that's the plan, Stan. (Anyone out there named Stan?)

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Thanks to you, Claudia, I didn't give in to the office "burger run" today. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home