Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I'm Totally Blaming this Whole Experience on Kari

Yes, I went to the Y. I got in my 40 minutes. But afterwards the family/special needs locker room where she and I shower was full of preschoolers single Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (I kid you not) as their program people showered them one by one. Now had Kari been with me like she was supposed to be, I would definitely have not done this. She is never going to see me naked. I would have packed up and come home to shower. But somehow I convinced myself that i could hastily shower in the regular locker room without anyone seeing me.

I quickly stripped in a quiet corner, put a towel in front of me (no, it won't go around me thank you very much) and headed to the gang shower, which was empty. I found a place for my towel, and turned the water on and there I was, BUCK naked, when lap swimming ended and in came the group. They have to walk through the gang shower to get into the locker room so every single one of them was privy to my very large, very naked body.

I had the fastest shower known to mankind. Seriously. I could give you much more detail about this, but really, I think it would embarrass even me. And then I rushed back to my little corner where, low and behold, I realized that in my haste I had simply dropped my clothes into a pile and a very fit, very young, very not fat, fully clothed girl was standing at her locker which was next to my dirty underwear on the floor which, of course, according to Murphy's law, was crotch up. I hurriedly dressed and packed my bag in embarrassment, only to discover that I had put my glasses in the bag first, so I had to dig everything out to find them. When I finally had them out, I left, in shame, confused and frustrated.

And did I go to Burger king? DUH!

5 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Oh my goodness!!! I think I would have died right there!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger FosterAbba said...

I guess I'm missing the point here...what's the big deal about being naked?

You were born that way, you know?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Actually, I was born fully clothed because God knew the world would need to be spared from my body.

I've seen myself naked. It's a big deal. A really big deal.

Smile.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger FerJeniB said...

I used to worry about my nakedness (I'd say nudity but it sounds too artistic for my form)at the Y until one evening when I came in while a senior water aerobics class had just let out. The ladies were showering, changing and chatting about class, weekend, gossip, etc. Not one of them was hiding and not one of them could be mistaken for a swimsuit model. I don't think any of them were a day under 60. I figured if they could be comfortable so could I.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that these sort of things happen to people other than me. Although I think you were braver than I would have been to try it. I'd rather stink.

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home