Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Regret it every time

Unless it is the end of a hard day and I am very tired, I never regret my decision to get up early and work out. When I do I have a lot of energy for hours afterwards, I feel great, and I'm empowered to do more. I have a sense of pride and accomplishment.

But I always regret it when I choose not to do it. Last night Kari wasn't feeling well and I should have gone to the Y without her this morning, because after all, I went for months without her last year, but I used that as an excuse. And last night, when she had her husband call me to say she couldn't come, I just want it to be known that I referred to her as a spineless wimp not because she was sick and possibly puking, but because she had Mike call to let me know.

Anyway, I digress. So the bottom line is, I don't know why I ever let myself skip a day. I always regret it when I do and then I'm crabby and unmotivated when I sleep in. Not learning from my mistakes. Good grief. You'd think I was one of my kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home