Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, April 19, 2010

Biggest Loser Numbers

10.5 pounds off since Wednesday. I'm not sure why, but I'll take it. It could be water weight, or medication, or a messed up scale but all I know is that last WEdnesday the scale was 10.5 pounds higher than it was last week. So I'm taking it as a victory and feeling like one of those 500 pound men on the biggest loser.

Except for the part where I'm not a man and I don't weigh quite 500 pounds, though a recent picture of me that I saw on Leon's girlfriend's Facebook would lead you to believe that I do.

Went back to the Y this morning by 5 (though we refuse to go stand in line at the door with the others) and managed to spend 13 minutes on the treadmill, though my speed is low. Just adding one minute per day seems really gradual, but it works.

This weeks fitness challenge is to drink at least 32 ounces of water a day. This is half of what we are supposed to drink, but I thought we'd start it off slow.

Everything we read tells us to drink more water and it works. Plain and simple.

Who is in?

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger AnnMarie said...

I hope this makes you laugh: No everyone can do the drink 8 glasses of water. I used to try to do it. At the same time, I was having problems having to get up in the middle of the night to pee and also having some minor incontinence. I went to a urologist. The doc's rec'd was to take a drying medication. But his intern happened to mention that perhaps I should try drinking less.

I immediately stopped tracking how much water I drank and not forcing myself to get at least 4 bottles at work (from the drinking fountain). And voila! My problems disappeared.

I think it's funny that it took a trip to a urologist for me to take the simple step of drinking less to solve a peeing problem. (Um, isn't that just what we do with kids who pee the bed?)

I do hope it helps you out, however!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger AnnMarie said...

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss this week! WOOHOO!!!!!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger ~Dinah said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! I haven't stepped on the scale yet. :( Don't think it's going down.

Yes, I need to drink more water. 32oz? I can do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home