Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Eating out for the first time

Today Bart and I went out to eat for the first time since surgery. We went to TGIFs. He had Jack Daniels Chicken, with a big helping of mashed potatoes and some broccoli. I had bowl of cheese and broccoli soup, but didn’t eat the broccoli.

Actually, it wasn’t that big of a deal. I was surprised. I sipped my food slowly, as instructed, and only ate half. I finished about the same time he did, surprisingly enough. And I brought the rest home and had it for supper. I feel good and I enjoyed being with him, something I wasn’t worried couldn’t happen.

Plus, I weighed in at the fitness center today and according to that scale I’ve already lost 25 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I like that scale. I think I’ll use that weight. One of these times I’m going to have to report a gain, but for now, whatever scale weighs the least is what I’m using.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Wow, you've lost the equivalent already of a child Tabby's size. That's impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home