Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Finally listened

Yesterday I finally listened to everyone who told me to take it easy. I didn’t feel horrible, but I didn’t feel good either, so I took a nap mid-day and then before and after I helped supervise supper I read a novel. Finished it and started another before bedtime.

Today I slept in but I do not feel good and I can’t figure out what it is. I am not reaching my goal of fluid intake, but it says if you don’t feel good not to force yourself. I’m not sure if I don’t feel good because I’m drinking the wrong things, not drinking enough, or drinking too much. I’ve tried to follow it all exactly and have done so.

I’m sure there are those who would say I feel yucky because I pushed myself too hard the first two days following surgery when I felt great, but it’s not a post-surgical, pain, or fatigue related thing. It has something to do with me not eating the right amount or the right things and how it is being digested.

Many of my plans for the next few days might be changing. I see the doctor on Monday and hopefully he will be able to figure out the key... if I still feel crappy by then.

For now it’s my plan to spend most of the day stretched out reading or watching TV/movies. It will drive me insane, but too much gas accumulates if I sit up all day and then it takes all night to relieve it.

I sure wish I knew if I wasn’t getting the calories/vitamins I needed and that’s why I feel crappy or if I’m trying to eat too much. Hard to know when I never really feel hungry.

There is some INCREDIBLY good news though. My fasting blood sugar this morning was 92. In September and October the lowest it was in the morning was 131. It was 115 on 8/10 and 109 on 7/22. Back in April - June, when I was following a very strict Gluco-Menu, I had one morning it was 98, but that was the only time.

So, this is the lowest fasting blood sugar I have had since I was diagnosed on April 28th with diabetes. So, if this was the reason for the surgery, then today the surgery is deemed a success regardless of everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home