Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back at It

Yes, last October I fell apart. I was doing very well -- I think something like 7 or 8 weeks of going to the Y every morning and then it all fell apart. Major stress at our house was my excuse, though there is really no excuse...

But the past few weeks I have been taking some steps to head in the right direction. They are as follows:

1) Protein bars for breakfast. Just one Special K protein bar and I feel full enough to make it to lunch without needing to snack.

2) Requested a referral to have a lap band fill. A doctor in the Twin Cities has been located that I can go to. I have received the records. Now I just need to set up an x-ray appointment. I may even do that today. Once x-rays are taken they can set up an appointment to see if the band can be filled.

3) No fast food. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've had a bite of fast food (exception Subway -- one time).

4) Attempting to stay away from sugar. I'm trying to get my blood sugars down so that I don't have to start taking oral medication. I have three months to do so.

5) Back to the YMCA today for forty minutes of exercise. I wasn't moving very fast, but I was there. And while I was there I was able to see that I had lost 4 pounds in the last two weeks, so I'm encouraged.

I am trying to focus more on eating healthy, getting exercise, and lowering my blood sugars than on weight loss. I guess it seems to be working. Only 11 more pounds to lose and Bart has promised to join me at the YMCA....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home