Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Two Battles Won and Fighting a Third

So, I'm at the YMCA again this morning and it's dark out so the window is acting as a mirror and lo and behold behind me I see a woman as fat as me. I think, "Wow, that's the first time anyone as fat as me has been here at the same time as me. And she's BIG. Yikes. What a huge butt. And she is WIDE. I think she might be even fatter than me!"

And then I begin to question myself as to when they put the new treadmills up against that wall back there. I almost turn around to look when I realize that the woman is wearing exactly what I'm wearing. And it clicks in my foggy brain. Yup, you guessed it, there was a double mirror effect going on and I was commenting in my head about my own fat body.

Oh, well, I did make it to the Y, and then drove past McDonalds without going through the drive throuugh. The third battle is all of the lunch goodies that I have stored here in my office that I lock in here so they are safe from the kids. Yesterday they were not safe from me, so I am now making that my third battle to win. No lunch snacks.....

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cracks me up. You did better than I did. I left the gym yesterday and had a great workout, then drove the Chik-fil-a to get some french fries. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home