Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Friday, August 31, 2007

I Almost Kinda Enjoyed My Workout

Today I felt like I actually had a workout at the YMCA instead of just going there. I did 20 minutes on the bike and then got on the treadmill. I listened to my Audio Bible thing and then turned on a PodRunner Podcast. The Podrunner is destined to match steps with the beat and I was actually able to keep up speedwalking on the treadmill. The music was propelling me forward -- I could feel it. My heart rate was up.

I managed to stay on the treadmill for 18 minutes. With my back in the shape it is in, I don't think I've been walking for 18 minutes straight like that, at that speed for years. I was even sweating long after I stopped.

SO, I can't exactly say I enjoyed it, but I felt good to have surpassed previous records. The whole endeavor takes over an hour of my day, but I'm sure there are those out there that would say I am adding years to my life...

I guess I probably shouldn't have had that blizzard at DQ last night though....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home