Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Still on Track

I have been to the Y at least 4 times a week for a month. Today was weigh in day and I lost another 3.5 pounds, taking me to 10 pounds in four weeks. I'm very excited to report that kind of progress.

In addition, I got my x-ray done and have a lap-band fill appointment scheduled for Tuesday morning, a week from today. I am a little worried about a change right now because what I'm doing seems to be working, but I think if I actually continue with having these fills, I will not feel as guilty about the money we paid for the surgery in the first place.

The last 4 weeks I really haven't been hungry. I have been limiting my food take considerably, but haven't felt hungry. For me it works to eat the same thing every single day for breakfast and for lunch. I know that this would bore most people to death, but it works for me.

In the morning I have a half a glass of milk and a special K protein bar. For lunch I have turkey and swiss on rye with light mayo. For some reason, the rye bread and my lap-band get along better than other breads and apparently rye bread has a lower glycemic index. At night I have small portions of whatever Bart serves, and I don't eat anything else for the rest of the night. This routine seems to be working very well.

Speaking of glycemic indexes, my blood sugars have been lower the past 10 days than ever before since I was diagnosed.

So, on the health front I have reason to be feeling pretty good about things....

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Way to go, Claudia!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that eats the same things for breakfast and lunch. I know what works for me and I tend to stick with it.

Great news about your progress.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Tracy and Donovan Jackman said...

Claudia,

I am excited for you. That is awesome that you are dedicated to the exercise. I need to jump back on that wagon, or off the wagon and on to the treadmill. I too am getting a band fill next week, Wednesday. I have some restriction right now, but I can take a swallow of liquid and my food moves right through my band. I plan to have 1cc added next week. Previously I had my band too tight...like 9+cc. I think I am around 5cc right now.

It will be fun to read about your continued success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home