Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 7 and Counting, and My Lack of Performance

Today is the 7th day in a row I’ve been to the Y. Historically, I have only shot for 5 days a week, but I decided that I was going to see if going 7 would help with weight loss. I will find out tomorrow when I weigh in.

So, I decided to start a tradition of taking the kids to the Y on Sunday afternoons to play racquetball. I agreed to play each child that went with me one game. Jimmy, Dominyk, Tony and Wilson were the ones who chose to come. It was humiliating.

Apparently, Tony’s tennis season has helped his racquetball. I don’t know if he did it on purpose or not, but I had a solid 8-0 lead when he started pushing it and trash talking me until I was mad. He ended up beating me 15-13.

I did beat Dominyk 15-1. He is hilarious to watch play because he really gives it his all... and his ADHD prevents him from being able to remember how many times the ball has bounced. So, he’ll dive for a ball that has already been my point for several bounces. It’s fun to watch his enthusiasm.

JImmy beat me fair and Square. 15-8 or something. He’s grown 6 inches since the last time we played and had another season of tennis. But I did score on him and maybe if I can get my groove back, I’ll beat him too.

Wilson opted for AIr Hockey, and the little bugger beat me 8-5. Giggling every time he scored a point.

I may try this again next week. It’s a break from the regular workout routine and helps keep the kids busy and active for a couple hours on a Sunday. All the other hassles (the fight over the front seat, the bickering, the arguing over who gets to play me first, the slapping in the van......) might be on the minus side of the equation, but I think it still is a net positive effect.

And this morning I lasted 34 minutes on the treadmill, going 1.7 miles. A definite record for me.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Angela :-) said...

Way to go!

Angela :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home