Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Doctors and Post-Traumatic Stress

The last time I went to the doctor to get my lap band filled was one of the worst days I can remember in a very long time. It all is like a blur to me. In fact, it was such a blur that I didn't even blog about most of it.. I lost my keys (the valet had them) and frantically searched everywhere for them, I was lost in traffic, I didn't have a coherent thought or action for most of the day. It was one of the worst days ever.

And now I'm supposed to set up another appointment at the same place to go back in July. The more weight i lose, the less effective the lap band is and I need to get it refilled.

I figure if I can make myself make that appointment, ANYBODY can make themselves make a doctor's appointment. And once I go back (and don't get lost or lose my keys or freak out) I'll be able to do it from now on.

The first time back will be hard though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home