Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sweating Round 2 and I don't Want To Do That Again

Came back from walk with Bart. Really sweating tonight. Not an enjoyable thing to do for me. People who like sweating = weird.

I only ended up without about 4,000 steps today - just couldn't make myself go any longer. I learned today that I have to make myself do it first thing in the morning, or it isn't going to get done. ANd I don't want to miss the Y in the morning again.

So tomorrow, no matter how bad my throat hurts, I'm heading to the Y at six like I should have done this morning.

I drank all my water today... and I stayed within my calories.

But that morning workout is really important for me and my mental health apparently. Who would have thought that something I hate so much could become something that I need to function well. Quite odd actually.

I guess habits -- even ones that are hard to form -- become habits. Hopefully this good one will be as hard to break as some of my bad ones. In fact, hopefully this will be impossible to break -- like some of my other habits -- both good and bad.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I confess that I love sweating. But ONLY when working out--it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. If I sweat when my hair is done and makeup is on, I hate it. So I'm half with ya on this one.

Hope you're feeling better!

Min

 

Post a Comment

<< Home