Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, June 23, 2008

Don't Think about Pink Elephants (or Pedometers)

I have a twinge of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder... and if I am not supposed to be thinking about something, I think about it all the time.

And I mean I have so many tracks in my mind that it is literally possible for me to think about something all the time while I'm thinking about something else. It's like background music in my head.

I already have things like that in my mind anyway, that distract me from getting things done, but I'm trying now not to let one of them be the lousy pedometer. For example, this morning the treadmill says that I walked 1.43 miles. My pedometer clocked 3396 steps which it says is 1.07 miles whic is 3173.83 steps per mile. However, yesterday I had 11,000 steps which is 3142.85 steps per mile. And the other day I figured out I was supposed to be able to do 3333 or so steps per mile at a ratio of 100 steps per .03 miles.

Anyway, that kind of inaccuracy bugs me.

So that, along with other thing that are always on my mind, is getting distracting. I'm going to have to make myself let it go. Too many other thing worthy of brain space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home