Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Morning Workout

I will try to post a diagram today sometime but I have started a new interval workout. I spent thirty minutes on the treadmill this morning, and 10 on the bike. Today I peaked doing 4.0 mph at a 4 percent incline for three minutes. In fact, during one part of the workout, I was actually doing this thing that resembled a jog, but only slightly -- for about 40 seconds of that 3 minutes, It made it easier to hold on.

I like the interval workouts because they give me something to do -- watch the minutes tick by and remember to change my speed. :-)

I am going to stick with this workout for a week, increasing only the amount of times that I am doing “the joggish thing”.

Then next week i will increase each of the intervals by a little bit.

If you aren’t understanding what these intervals mean, I think the chart I’ll make later will explain it.

Sadie went with me this morning. It’s always great having her come along.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Randi said...

Are you able to take an MP3 player or radio or something with you? Studies show that we have easier workouts if our minds can be occupied in thinking about the music instead of how much longer we have to go. I keep a cd player in my workout room and it makes things so much more fun.... Just a thought.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Yes, I listen to music ... and podcasts. They are lifesavers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home