Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Friday, June 20, 2008

Interval Training and Back Pain

I have found that my back isn’t nearly as sore after I do an interval workout. The break every three minutes seems to keep it from getting strained.

Today I did the intervals that I posted below and when I was at the top interval I actually did what I am now referring to as the “thing that slightly resembles a jog” for 1 minute and 30 seconds. I am hoping to push myself to do that for a full 2 minutes of my three minutes at peak spead (4.0 mph at 4% incline). Then next week I am going to redesign my intervals, inching myself up a little higher on each interval and recovering at 2.5 instead of 2.3 mph.

I was dismayed to discover that the workout isn’t much more than 1,000 steps. I had myself convinced it would be more. It’s going to take me a lot of extra walking to get to the first goal of 5,000 steps a day of my exercise time is only 2,000. Bart and I may have to extend our evening walk and I may have to do something else during the day.

I haven’t been testing my blood sugars very often because they were so consistently good, but the past couple days they have been elevated. I think it is because I am taking them right after exercise. Otherwise I can’t imagine what it is as my diet hasn’t changed much. I’ll have to try and remember to check them again at a different time of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home