Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, July 21, 2008

OK, now I'm MAD!

Well, I have been frustrated the past month. But today, I'm just plain mad.

I didn't really have a bad week. Up until the weekend I did great with everything. Good, hard Y workouts every day until Saturday, walks at night most nights, had the same thing for breakfast and lunch, even did Wii workouts mid day. I know that I had way too much sodium last night -- in fact, I mentioned to those at the table that the pizza we had was so full of sodium that I might retain the ocean -- and I didn't get a chance to have that average weight .4408 pound bowel movement, but still, another two pounds??? Give me a break.

I decided that I am going to take a week off from worrying about this. I'm not going to go back to eating whatever. I'm not going to stop exercising. I'm not going to freak out and ruin everything. But I am just going to live for this one week while we are out of town, without obsessing about it. I'm going to enjoy NYC and my husband and my friends and my professional development and I'm not going to spend the week wondering if I've gained yet another pound.

ANd then when I get back I'm going to have to do some drastic things. I have already read all the "plateau" stuff I can find adn I'm doing those things. I'm at a loss as to what I'll do. But I'm going to do SOMETHING. I'm not going to give up and let that weight call the way back up.

But I get REALLY mad when I'm doing all the right things for no results. Infuriating.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be mad too! I gained 6 pounds in one day this past weekend (birthday cheat day), and five of them turned out to be water weight, but STILL... It was freaky and discouraging.

Don't be discouraged, though. You have a good idea--taking the week "off" emotionally from this. Simple physics mandates that if you're doing what you need to be doing, the weight WILL come off.

I think our bodies fight us, honestly--my hubby and I were talking about this the other day and he is the one who suggested that idea to me. He says that he can tell that genetically I'm not naturally just going to be a thin person--that my body is fighting me and I have to fight back harder than most people do to win the war. So I guess, to use a hokey metaphor, we're really warriors.

OK, shutting up now. I just want to encourage you that you're still doing a great job and I applaud that even though you've had a rough month, you're sticking with it!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bet, enjoy the time away with Bart! But keep fighting your way thru this. You've come so far, keep up all those great habits you've developed these past months. I'm sure you will add steps to your plan, as you walk around hand in hand with that invisible Rev. You're worth every ounce of fight you have in you, just like your kids are worth it!
nancy the non-blogger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home