Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Some Pretty Big News

Six months ago I never walked more than 1,000 steps a day.

This morning I am one of the top 10 walkers in our district. SIxty clergy and their spouses are participating and Bart is currently at number 5 and I am at number 9. Just getting in the top ten is amazing. My average daily steps this past week is 8,055 and I have walked 11 miles since Monday.

If you would have told me this six months ago, when I couldn't even stand up for more than 10 minutes without pain, I would have laughed in your face. Would have said you were nuts, crazy, off your rocker ... ok, ok, you get the idea.

But here I am at #9 out of 60. I'm shocked myself.

This morning Sadie and I went back to the Y -- did my interval workout, increasing my "what sort of resembles a lunge" time to 45 seconds on each leg. Did a minute on each leg of side steps at .8 mph.

Next week I think I need to switch to something different. I heard about an intensity workout where you push yourself as hard as you can for 1 minute, then rest for two. I may try that in addition to some of the stretch exercises.

I'm already planning ahead for fall and winter .... am thinking about getting a Wii fit. Anyone know anything about them? I've heard nothing but good things, and since you can barely find one for less than double the list price, they must be good and in high demand. I'm hoping prices will come down before fall.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger flacius1551 said...

The platform that you stand on has an upper weight limit. You probably are under it, now, but because of that it is not going to be useful for the most obese people. Also, it has a really negative and inflexible attitude toward body image which it broadcasts with all of its little messages. If your BMI is over 22 it automatically considers you overweight and tells you that all the time. But it looks like fun otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home