Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Encouragement to "Anonymous" who is just thinking about being ready

In response to this comment I want to say this:

Pick ONE thing that you are going to do this week. It doesn't matter what it is. I remember back in early February I chose to quit fast food cold turkey. I had been having McDonald's for breakfast 3-4 times a week and then other fast food meals 3 or 4 times and week and stopped. Just like that. It was only one thing, but it got me going. A couple weeks later, I added having protein bars for breakfast and "the Sandwich" for lunch. And then by March 10th I was back at the Y. And it has kept going like that.

So, pick one thing. Since you're anonymous anyway, put that one thing in a blog comment on this blog. It could be something as simple as drinking more water. Or exercising for 5 minutes. Or anything like that. Just pick one thing for this week and do it.

In fact, just pick one thing and do it today. And tomorrow you'll be able to say "I did it yesterday, so I can do it again today." And before you know it, the week will be over.

So, what's it going to be? Other people can participate here as well...

Need to add more exercise? Need to have a complete physical? Need to drop a bad habit or add a good one? Let's keep each other going.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to recommit...I've been coasting this past week. Not gaining, not losing--going through all the motions, but not trying very hard. So mine is to recommit and try to get back to the mindset I had a little over a week ago instead of being nonchalant about the whole deal. I don't know if that's a one-step process.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok- I'm game to try one thing that is a very big thing for me. I'm going to give up full sugar soda. I may have to wean off to diet coke for awhile.

Anonymous : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home