Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Sandwich

I may have described "the Sandwich" previously, but it is no big deal. The key for me has been trying soft rye bread. For some reason, this works better for my lap band -- easier to digest apparently. I'm not sure how it compares calorie wise, but it's certainly easier for me to eat.

Just soft rye bread, light mayo, two pieces of turkey (I love Jennie O's Sundried Tomato and Herb flavored turkey) and two pieces of swiss cheese. It has less than 400 calories and if I eat it, and only it, I am satisfied all afternoon, not hungry again. If I eat more than that, I feel too full -- if I eat less, I get hungry.

So I figure if I found just the right thing then why not stick with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home