Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Matter of Perspective

Six months ago I literally never moved. I was the most sedentary person you would ever meet. I got up from my chair to go to the bathroom and eat and if I had to give someone a ride I would walk to the van.

And that was my life.

And then in March I started moving.

Yesterday I did two Wii workouts and walked for 25 minutes with Bart. I got over an hour of exercise, But because of the fact that I didn't go to the Y I felt like a slug. Then this morning I worked out on the Wii for 30 minutes because I couldn't sleep last night... and again, I'm feeling less than adequate.

Funny how perspective changes, isn't it? Now an hour a day isn't good enough.

I'm hoping to get back on track and get caught up on my sleep. My body really needs to recover from the way I have been pushing it with not sleeping enough and working out hard.

But I WANT to continue to lose.

Such a conundrum.

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my inspiration. I am recovering at home from surgery and CAN NOT exercise at this time or I could seriously damage myself. I was somewhat active before, but not as much as I would like. I appreciate being able to exercise more now. When I get the ok from the doctor, I can not wait to get up and get moving. Keep me motivated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home