Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Back at the Y at Five this morning

Managed 14 minutes on the treadmill, ten without pain. Today I even added intervals. If you haven't ever worked out with intervals, you should do some research on it. Apparently the way that they work means you burn 30% more calories and it your metabolism is affected for 12 hours after the workout. Not to mention the extra endorphins!

Intervals just means that you get your heart rate up to a high point and then let it go back again. The way I do it is every three minutes I spend one of those minutes going at a difficult pace and the other recovering. ideally it should be the other way around -- and I'll get to that, but for now I'm pleased I'm even able to get on the treadmill.

How's everyone else doing?

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm trying to walk 30 minutes each evening and get to Curves x3 a week. Not working out for me this week, but I'm determined. Hey, have you tried Spark People? I find that it helps me track my exercise better and keeps me on track.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

I'm actually using Jonathan Roche's system. I really like it and have used it for years and bought a membership. I do get Spark People emails, but I don't go to the site often.

Also, insurance through Bart's job has a new program with a pedometer and some cash rewards for steps or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home