Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Small Slow Victories

One of my big goals over the next few weeks is to get rid of my lower back pain. It comes and goes and is triggered by lack of exercise and weighing more. When I get to a certain weight it stops hurting. I'm not at that weight right now but I really want to get there before I fly to Seattle in 3 weeks. I'm about 12 pounds off, so I might not quite get there, but already I see improvements.

Because this was my specific goal, I decided to start tracking how long I could walk without pain. The first day back on the treadmill I walked for seven minutes and the whole entire 7 minutes were horribly painful. However, today I walked 13 minutes and eleven of those were pain free. This is only my 8th day back at the gym and I've only lost 5 pounds, but it is amazing how much progress I've made!

I'm excited -- and happy to see Brenda is joining me. Anyone else?

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I'm joining, via weight watchers and 30-60 minutes of cardio a day. Give me a few weeks and I'll throw weight training into the mix. I've got a good 50lbs to lose, and my back reminds me everyday that I need to lose the weight. Managing my calorie intake is key for me, and WW has done wonders in the past. I LOVE being able to have the freedom to eat whatever I want, within the WW old points plan. Cheers to a long, but eventful journey ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home