Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gluten Free and Back to the Y

SO my friend Kari gave me this Wheat Belly book and I started to read it and so I'm going to give it a whirl. If what the guy says is true, I should be feeling better. I'm not getting all freaky about it like checking ingredients in everything, but I am staying away from obvious wheat products, which, if you'll notice, is a great deal of the grocery store.

So yesterday I let myself have some little rice snacks in addition to my beef jerky and nuts and I had yogurt for breakfast. So far, I don't feel better at all.

Yesterday morning I was back at the YMCA. Could only stay on the treadmill for 10 minutes because of back pain -- but I know that if I stick with it that will go away in a few weeks. This morning I went twelve minutes, but it was still with a great deal of pain.

Four years ago I started my best and most healthy season in years. I lost 47 pounds in just 6 months and felt great. It's my hope I can do that again starting now. I know how to do it and I know that I can do it... now I just have to make myself do it.

Anyone else on a weight loss journey?

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to say "hello!" And yes, I'm right there with you. Somewhere in the last 14 years of parenting (with some of those years being VERY difficult) I neglected myself. It's high time for me to get a little of this attention. I need to be healthy in order to be the best I can be. I haven't figured it all out, but I am making a more conscious effort to try to do things for myself that I need to do. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home