Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Best Workout Ever

If you would have told me even a couple weeks ago that I could make it on treadmill for 2 full miles I would have never believed you. In fact, I had just made it to one mile on April 29, and remember being very proud to make it that far. Well, today I did it. I surpassed every previous record. I went 38 minutes on the treadmill, cooled down for 2 minutes on the exercise bike. On the treadmill I went 3.4 mph, getting my heart rate to 161 and made it to 2 full miles exactly.

My goal was 2 miles in 40 minutes with a 3.5 mph speed. If I can reach that tomorrow, then I am going to extend my total workout in hte morning to 45 minutes, cooling down with 5 on the bike (if I don’t sit a few minutes it’s hard for me to make it out to the vehicle because of back pain.

Then I will begin to supplement with some evening walking outside or maybe even get on that nice bike that we bought me a couple years ago.

Is anyone else out there dieting or working on new habits? I’d love to hear about it if you want to post it in the comments section. Last time I encouraged everyone to join me, everyone else may have been successful but I wasn’t. Now that I’m doing well, maybe we can encourage one another once again.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Marge said...

I am impressed! You go girl! I am trying to get more exercise, too, which is hard with my current schedule with my mom. I am going to suggest that we rent a wheelchair for mom, and then I can take her for walks, getting twice the benefit because of pushing the chair! Meanwhile, you keep it up......you are going to feel so good! ~marge~

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking for a moment...I found you through your other family blog (that I found through someone else's links, I believe--I'm a former foster mom and an a-mom). I've been doing workout DVD's (TurboJam) for a little over 3 months now...I've lost 35 pounds, and I want to lose 50-60 more! My goal is fitness, but also to lower my blood pressure so I can get off of the BP meds.

We visited the Y today, interested in getting swimming lessons for our little girl, and I'm pretty excited about the facilities there.

Just wanted to give you an "AttaGirl!" Way to go!

--Mindy

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Randi said...

Hi Girl....every now and then a voice from your past catches up with you. I think I followed a link from a link on Facebook, anywho....I am SO PROUD of you! I'm thrilled to hear that your zoo trip went well and that you are feeling so much better. You CAN DO IT!

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home