Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Did It -- Victory is Mine

In February I went to see the medical doctor. He said he wanted to prescribe medication to help me control my diabetes. I told him that I was determined to do so with diet and exercise but had not been able to do so to this point. I said, “Please, give me three more months to try. This time I am determined to bring the numbers down." I wish I could have taken a picture of the skepticism on his face. It was very obvious.

But today, I got this letter:

Your blood work came back and showed the following results.

Your complete chemistry panel which includes kidney and liver function testing was all normal. Your blood sugar that day was quite fine at 113 as was your sodium and potassium levels.

Your homoglobin A1c was excellent at 6.5% which indicates good blood sugar control. our goal should be to keep that number less than 7%.

Your cholesterol likewise looked very good at 153. The HDL or good cholesterol was average at 47 and LDL or bad cholesterol nice and low at 93> Triglycerides are fine at 67. Those numbers are all very much within goal range and are excellent. you have made nice improvements in all parameters and are now at goal.


I did it!!!! With lots of support from Bart, the kids and friends. And I’m not stopping now. Even though I didn’t sleep at all last night, I got up and went to the Y. I am determined to keep going. And a letter like this is very motivating.

4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I am so proud of you, Claudia!! Great work!! ~Kari

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Marge said...

Yay for you Claudia! Way to go!
~marge~

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Congratulations, Claudia! That's wonderful news. I'll keep thinking of you when I'm on my treadmill at 5:30 every morning. I tell myself, "If Claudia can get up, get dressed and drive to the Y at this awful hour, I can at least stumble to the basement." Great work!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Linda B said...

Claudia, I am going to think of you and the awesome results of your efforts as I try to get myself motivated to act on my cholesterol results. LDL 175 and HDL 108 If you can get to the Y and do what you do all the time, there is no reason why I can't get out there and start walking. Way to go!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home