Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, May 19, 2008

Mediocre

Well, I got up and was at the Y by 5:10. That is my accomplishment. Then I tried one of those scary machines. It had arms and legs moving together. I had to ask for help after standing there looking stupid and when I did finally get it working I just couldn’t get coordinated. I ended up hurting my back and pulling a muscle in my thigh that I didn’t know existed and only lasted 5 minutes on that machine. I shouldn’t have started with that one, because it meant that I couldn’t walk on the treadmill. I did finish up my 40 minutes on the bike, but I felt dizzy and disoriented -- possibly a little residue of Tylenol PM in my system, or maybe that I’ve not been eating enough protein.

But I went. And tomorrow I’ll go again and it will be weigh in day. I hope I can report another loss. My blood sugar this morning is at 116 -- which for me, after exercise is excellent.

Maybe later today when I’m not being productive with my job, I can post some blood sugar stats over the last four months.

Hope everyone else who is working on their health is doing well. Your progress inspires me.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohhh...sorry to hear about the injuries. Are they serious? Hope you're doing better.

5:10 is a wild time, but with your big fam, I can understand the necessity of being an early bird.

I know you have the blood sugar deal, but maybe just a tiny, tiny "shot" of orange juice before you work out might help you power through the workouts easier. That's what helps me fight the fatigue when I'm exercising. With the close monitoring, though, that might not be an option for you. You could be right about the protein...I had horrible muscle aches for a while after I started doing cardio, until one day I craved protein really badly and spent the day eating a bunch of it--I felt like a new woman the next day!

Better luck for the rest of the week. Hope your weigh-in goes well tomorrow!

--Min

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to all of us, Claudia. Thank you for posting your progress.

~Gymrat

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. I hope it's only a minor setback.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh in on Tuesday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home