Steps

Physical, Emotional and Mental steps on my journey towards healthy living on every level

Monday, November 17, 2008

Working My Way Out of a Bad Mood

I did go to the Y on Friday last week, but did nothing all weekend long. This morning I was crabby as all get out by the time I got to the Y.
The day didn't start well. Salinda insisted we needed to go to the Y at 5 (when I was planning to go at 8:30) but then didn't get up, so I ended up going back to bed and not sleeping for 30 minutes before I got up to get work done. Let's just say that the morning routine was not smooth this morning and by the time they were all in school and I was heading to my workout, I was not in good shape.

Then when I got there, I found I had gained 3.5 pounds which made me even crabbier. The plan I'm working says I have to do 30 minuets on the treadmill, using intervals. I spent nearly the whole time on the treadmill slamming myself with negative self-talk. I almost got off with 18 minutes to go because my knee started acting weird. That stopped but then a guy stepped on to the treadmill next to me smelling of smoke. Almost got off because of that. I just kept telling myself to quit early and that it was going to be a lousy day.

But by the time I was done with the workout, I had a plan for the day that included getting a few things done. I have more energy now, and hopefully I'll get myself motivated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home